- This event has passed.
InNOVAte 2019 Challenge: Final Showcase Event
October 24, 2019 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pmFree
Join us on October 24 to celebrate the successful conclusion of the Greentown Labs and Saint-Gobain inNOVAte 2019 Challenge!
The Greentown Labs inNOVAte 2019 Challenge is a six-month accelerator program housed at Greentown Labs, the largest cleantech incubator in the United States. The program is focused on connecting entrepreneurs with mentors, team members, and business and technical resources they need to launch successful ventures, and features support and collaboration from CertainTeed and NOVA, Saint-Gobain’s external ventures arm.
At this event attendees will:
- Learn more about Saint-Gobain’s Innovation Areas and the inNOVAte 2019 Challenge
- Listen to pitches from the startups that participated in the inNOVAte 2019 Challenge
- Network with cleantech entrepreneurs, investors, students, and friends of cleantech
This year’s participants:
- Inovues: Inovues offers building owners a cost-effective and non-disruptive solution to upgrade the windows and curtain-walls, whether to bring them up to energy code levels and comply with building efficiency laws or to incorporate the latest energy-efficient and smart glass/glazing technologies. Inovues Glazing Shields, which can be securely mounted on the original glass from the interior or exterior, can increase window insulation by up to 10 times and reduce energy consumption and peak heating and cooling loads by up to 40%.
- Hyperframe: Hyperframe is a steel framing system for commercial buildings, designed to slash labor costs by 75%. Framing components are made to order, bundled by room, flat-packed, and shipped to the job site. Final assembly occurs onsite, where every connection is snap-fit.
- Pre Framing Corp: Pre Framing is an innovative, partially prefabricated solution that allows homebuilders, general contractors, and framers to build standard and gable walls 10 times faster than traditional methods do—with less waste and more precision. Our revolutionary software and hardware solution empowers you to get more work done—making your projects run smoother, faster and stress-free. Ultimately, this equates to more clients and increased profit.
- Techstyle Materials: Research inspired by the transpiration processes of plants led to the invention of a multi-functional material technology. A millimeter-thin material layer can be applied at the factory to common building products such as drywall, sheathing, and roofing, to transform them into “smart” materials that respond to their environment and automatically manage flows of heat and water. They also simplify construction and reduce labor costs by taking the place of multiple layers in a wall assembly.
Check out the inNOVAte 2019 Challenge Landing Page for more information on this accelerator.
Questions? We have answers!
Q: What are Saint-Gobain and CertainTeed?
Saint-Gobain, one of the world’s largest building materials companies and manufacturer of innovative material solutions, helps create great living spaces by combining comfort and sustainability. For more than 350 years, Saint-Gobain has been enhancing the wellbeing of people everywhere, whether it’s by addressing climate change, delivering true sustainable development, advancing the information revolution, participating in medical breakthroughs, or playing a vital role in space exploration in North America. Saint-Gobain has approximately 150 locations and more than 15,000 employees. Learn more about Saint-Gobain North America by visiting www.saint-gobain-northamerica.com and connect with Saint-Gobain North America on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
CertainTeed Corporation is a North American manufacturer of building materials for both commercial and residential construction and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Saint-Gobain. CertainTeed® is a leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, gypsum, and ceilings. CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. Learn more about CertainTeed by visiting www.certainteed.com.
Q: What is NOVA?
NOVA, Saint-Gobain’s External Ventures arm, is dedicated to fostering partnerships with startups, incubators, and venture capital funds all over the world. Since 2006, NOVA identifies forward-thinking startups whose philosophies align with Saint-Gobain’s focus on well-being and sustainability and connects these startups with the resources and experience of Saint-Gobain. Visit www.nova-saint-gobain.com to learn more.
Q: What is Greentown Labs?
Greentown Labs, the largest cleantech incubator in the United States, is home to more than 90 startups that collectively employ more than 1,000 people. Together, this passionate community of entrepreneurs is working to solve the world’s biggest energy and environmental challenges. Greentown Labs boasts an 88% success rate, and its community has collectively raised more than $380 million—including 4 exits. Greentown Labs offers 100,000 sq. ft. of prototyping lab and office space, an 1,800 sq. ft wet lab, a shared machine shop, an electronics lab, and a curated suite of programs, resources, and tools. Through Greentown Labs’ robust partner network, members gain access to more than $1 million in resources, including software tools, machinery, electronics equipment, legal services, manufacturing expertise, relevant investors, and neighborhood perks. For more information, please visit www.greentownlabs.com or find Greentown Labs on Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn.
Q: What is Greentown Launch?
Greentown Launch is a six-month, industry-specific, structured acceleration program designed to drive deals between entrepreneurs and corporate partners. Over the last four years, Greentown Labs has run four Greentown Launch programs, which have resulted in investment and partnership deals for over 65% of startup participants. Greentown Labs facilitates these deals through more than 80 hours of intensive business training, hands-on mentorship from industry experts, and a unique model of startup and corporate relationship building. Beyond the unique partnership curation program, startups accepted into this program gain access to Greentown Labs’ network of more than 150 investors and 40 corporate partners, in addition to state of the art lab, business and software tools.
Q: What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
Greentown Labs does not have any parking, but we’re a one-mile walk from the Harvard MBTA station down Kirkland and Washington Streets. Union Square in Somerville is also easily accessible via the #86 and #91 MBTA buses. We offer indoor bike parking onsite, and the three closest Bluebikes (formerly known as Hubway) stations are at 33 Dane St., Conway Park and Union Square.
Q: What’s the dress code?
Q: Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Save the paper! No need to print your ticket.
Q: How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
You could send a drone with a message but it’s probably easiest to just send an email; please reach out to Michela Grunebaum at firstname.lastname@example.org. 🙂
Have any questions about Greentown Labs + Saint-Gobain inNOVAte 2019 Challenge Kick-off? Contact Greentown Labs at email@example.com